Date:      Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:01:03 +0000
From:      Jason Henson <jason@ec.rr.com>
To:        Fafa Diliha Romanova <fteg@london.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portsdb -uU error (I also need some tips)

On 03/13/05 12:09:24, Fafa Diliha Romanova wrote:
>=20
> Hello!
>=20
> There's been a lot of mess in my ports lately.
> I want to get rid of this:
>=20
> pkg_delete: package bsdpan-libwww-perl-5.800 has no origin recorded
> pkg_delete: package bsdpan-libwww-perl-5.800 has no origin recorded
>=20
> Which pops up every time I install/deinstall a port or package.
> I have done a 'pkgdb -F' which seemed to work.
>=20
> Upon 'portsdb -uU' I get:

It looks like a problem with /var/db/pkg.  You have time to wipe
/var/db/pkg and remove all ports?  Try portmanager before you wipe your =20
ports and db.

Have you cd /usr/ports && mkae fetchindex?

>=20
> Stop in /usr/ports.
> No such file or directory - /tmp/INDEX8274.0
> portsdb: index chmod error

chmod error?  Are you root or what?

> #########################
>=20
> So what is this?
>=20
> Also, can anybody tell me if these commands are all I need to
> do a full cleanup and upgrade of my ports?
>=20
> This is my /root/make.PORTS:
>=20
>=20
> cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/cvsupfile && pkgdb -F && portupgrade -ra && =20
> portsdb
> -uU && portupgrade -ra && pkgdb -F

Don't do pkgdb unattended, you may need to answer questions.  You could =20
skip all this index stuff if you use portmanager.  But you need
/var/db/pkg in good condition to use pormanager, I think?