Date:      Tue, 07 Oct 1997 01:42:53 GMT
From:      jetsam@axnet.com (Jetsam)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hangups in 2.2.2

Hello...I have FreeBSD on cdrom from walnut creek.
my system is:

200mmx award bios
32meg mem
Adaptec 2940 PCI scsi card
Micropolis 3243 Hard drive
Chinon scsi 535 cdrom drive
Matrox Mil II video 4meg
Impact IQ ISDN T/A
1.4 meg floppy

My problem is when I boot from the cdrom, it hangs up right after the
first portion where it displays the boot: prompt and after the
spinning  " | " which indicates activity.

So I made a boot floppy and did the kernal config and reduced the
conflicts to 0, then after I hit Q for save and quit, it locks up
there. Then I tried the DOS partition boot, and it locks in the same
place, right after the kernal config, using visual config option. What
do yo suggest is my problem with the hang ups? I have NT 4.0, 95 and
DOS which all work fine, and the cdrom works fine ect ect.....thanks
in advance

jetsam@axnet.com