Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:35:48 +0100
From:      John Angelmo <john@veidit.net>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Compaq Evo n115

This was posted earlier in mobile@FreeBSD.org
----
Hello

I have a Compaq evo n115, everything seems to be found by FreeBSD-Current but the sound dosn't work

This seems to be the important part:
pcm0: <VIA VT82C686A> port 0x1850-0x1853,0x1854-0x1857,0x1000-0x10ff irq 5 at device 7.5 on pci0

So that works, but still no sound, but I don't get any error either.

Everything is detected by Windows XP to, but I still need these drivers to get it to work:
ADI WDM Audio Driver for Microsoft Windows

The drivers seems to be made by Analog Deviced: www.analog.com/ But I can't find anything about drivers for either Linux or FreeBSD

----

Now I found out that there is a patch for Linux, perhaps this can be adapted for FreeBSD?
patch: http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~berensch/SoundCompaq.patch

/John