Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 11:43:07 -0500
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CD-R/CD-RW recommendations wanted...

Well, I finally managed to blow out my HP 4020i after several hundred CDs. Its
well out of warranty, so getting fixed may be an option, but its expensive...

What I'm curious about is what people consider the 'best' thing to buy (and
maybe some pointers to some less expensive places to get it) to replace it.

I've been looking at CD-R drives, as well as CD-RWs (re-writables). Most of the
places I've seen them, they're about the same price (around $600), therefore,
I'm leaning towards a CD-RW. Basically, my "minimal" requirements are:

	- Be able to record CDs (I press my own custom copies of FreeBSD for
		in house use)
	- Must work with FreeBSD
		(I assume it'll automatically work with Windows)

Otherwise, it really doesn't matter. I'm biased towards the HP drives because
I've had good experiences with my HP.

Comments?
	-Brian