Date:      Mon, 7 Dec 1998 10:38:14 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What does this error message mean?

I've got a system using kernel PPP (that is, pppd) to answer telephone
lines. Every time a user connnects, I see a message that says, "ignore
RTM_ADD without gateway". It doesn't explain what "RTM_ADD" is (nor
do any of the docs). And the system IS a gateway; it's running routed
and has the IP forwarding option enabled. Does anyone know what
this message means? Repeated instances of the message are cluttering
the log files and making me wonder if something's wrong.

--Brett