Date:      Sat, 18 May 2013 10:43:54 -0400
From:      Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
To:        Jason Birch <jbirch@jbirch.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Port: U-Boot for BeagleBone

For now, having it rely on devel/cross-* ports
should work.

Yes, the clang cross-compilers should allow us
to get rid of that dependency someday.  There
are two obstacles:
 * The clang cross-compilers aren't fully
    exposed yet (E.g., there is no arm-freebsd-cc
    symlink installed by default).
 * binutils  --  promising stuff is in the works,
    but it's at least a few months out.