Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 2008 00:23:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      zDen <angwyshield-freebsd@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking for a guide to extend|adapting the socket framework for NFCIP-1

Hi,

I'm exploring the way to extend or adapt the socket programming framework
for NFC devices using C programming. (for future-porting compatible)

Using the bluetooth framework as basic reference, I've some questions and
need helps regarding the adaption.

1) As the NFC device is attached to the USB or UART port, how and where in
the source code can I change the output of the byte-stream packet to the
proper physical port? i.e where is the part of the source code that is
physical device dependent when doing the I/O calls?

2) As the protocol family (PF_xx) and address family (AF_xx) of NFC is not
define in the socket library, how can I define them and let the default
socket() call return a socket with the customized structure? I can see that
I may need to use SOCK_RAW as the basic socket framework or any others
recommendation?

Any comments and recommendations for the above issue is gladly appreciated.

Thanks for help.