Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 21:32:32 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Ravi Manthena <ravi@apunix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Mon, 10 May 1999, Ravi Manthena wrote:

#
# Hello,
#
#      I have a question about JNI. I would appreciate your help or suggestion.
#
#      I am currently trying to System.Load a c library in to my freebsd JDK.
#
#      when i try to run the java app i get Bad magic number.
#
#
#      I did a file command on my lib and this is what I get.
#
#      ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, intel 80386, version1(FreeBSD),not stripped
#
#
#      I was wondering if you know the gcc flags that can be set. So that the
#
#      native library can be loded into my FreeBSD VM. Which accepts
#
#      FreeBSD/i386 Compact demand pager shared library not stripped.

You are trying to load an ELF library with an a.out JDK.
Needless to say this won't work.  Either use an ELF JDK
or recompile the library as a.out.

#
#                                                Thank You,
#                                                Ravi Manthena
#                                                Java Programmer.