Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 18:34:54 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Watching TV

Thomas Runge:
 |On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Heiko Recktenwald wrote:
 |
 |> My Windows program has some kind of a "scanning" mode, which fxtv hasnt.
 |
 |Thats a feature most of us miss, I'm sure. It shouldn't be that hard
 |to implement it (I've done that for xmradio and it works not that bad).
 |
 |Any volunteers? :-)

George Reid mailed me a patch (since 1.03 was released) with a text-only
channel scan command for 1.04, which I incorporated in the fxtv tree for
others to improve upon later.  It sets all the channels one-by-one and
prints the return of the TVTUNER_GETSTATUS to the console.  However, it
doesn't work at all for me here in the US (all channels, there or not,
print the same values).

I haven't played with this enough to know if that's the right way to do it,
or if the appropriate chip functionality is even exported through the
driver API.

If anyone is interested in working with it, let me know and I'll mail you a
snapshot.

Randall

--
Randall Hopper