Date:      Thu, 07 Feb 2002 22:52:19 -0800
From:      Thomas Skibo <skibo@pacbell.net>
To:        "freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   d-link dwl-650 hangs when WEP is on.

Hello.

I've got a D-link DWL-650 in a laptop running Freebsd 4.5.  I use it
in ad-hoc mode to talk to a Freebsd tower with a Linksys WMP-11 (the
tower runs NAT, talks to my DSL, etc.).  I've enabled 128-bit WEP.

Everything seems fine when I'm just surfing around the web.  But,
if I try to move any significant data from the notebook to the
tower (like ftp a big file), the DWL-650 goes out to lunch.  It
seems to only take a quick blast of a few dozen packets or so to
hang it up.  It still responds to wicontrol commands but it doesn't
transmit or receive anything.  ifconfig'ing it down and up
fixes the problem but it looks like the D-link goes through a 5+ second
reset (freezing the whole computer until it's done).

If I disable WEP, I can't reproduce the problem.  If I use 40-bit
WEP, it still hangs.

Has anybody else seen this sort of thing?