Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 1995 09:29:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Hittinger <bugs@ns1.win.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Archive DAT SCSI problem (fwd)

> bob@rdsw.com writes
>
> I have recently brought up a system with FreeBSD on a 486DX2/66 and
> am very happy with the system except for a SCSI tape problem.
> ..
> driver. The system still locks up at the same place during boot (no debug).
> Does anyone have any suggestions for resolving this problem.

Have you tried putting a tape in the drive during boot?  I have a WangDAT
3400dx and I see the same problem.  Roughly 80% of boots hang on the
sense mode of the tape.  I believe it is not a hang but a very long
timeout :-)

If I leave a tape in the drive I never have the problem.

Regards,

Mark Hittinger
bugs@win.net