Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 16:49:13 +0100
From:      Rasmus Kaj <kaj@interbizz.se>
To:        roberto.nunnari@agie.ch
Cc:        kaj@interbizz.se
Subject:   Re: gcc28: BROKEN ELF ???

>>>>> "n" == nunnari  <roberto.nunnari@agie.ch> writes:

 n> Hi David,
 n> I installed the latest gcc28 port from
 n> ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/FreeBSD/ports-current/lang/
 n> but I still can't compile as it can't find 'bsd.port.pre.mk'
 n> do I need to also take gcc-2.8.1.tgz ?

You need to update /usr/share/mk/. If you are running a RELEASE you
should only use the ports from that RELEASE. If you want to use
CURRENT or STABLE ports (which is the same as each other), you need to
use a CURRENT or STABLE system.

More info is in the handbook: http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook/

// Rasmus

--