Date:      Tue, 6 May 1997 12:37:40 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
To:        danny@panda.hilink.com.au (Daniel O'Callaghan)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: divert still broken?

According to Daniel O'Callaghan:

> > > Sounds OK with me.. any body else care to comment?
> >
> > In this case wouldn't match the keyword drop better than deny?
>
> Maybe.  But it is better to keep the backward compatibility.

That doesn't mean that drop isn't a better keyword, and should be made an
alias for deny. Although, if it wasn't for backwards compability (which we
should keep, IMHO) then it would be better with:

drop      : be silent
deny      : send RST
reject    : send ICMP !H
netreject : send ICMP !N

But... that's not gonna happen, because we want backwards compability,
so just forget I said it... :-)

  /Mikael