Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 2007 01:59:37 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PF in kernel or as a module

--nextPart1402097.FxNa0dWq8k

[ Please don't top-post and fix quotation ]

On Friday 26 January 2007 15:06, Kevin K. wrote:
> I'm curious if there has been some benchmarking done to compare the two
> methods of enabling PF.

You will not be able to measure any difference whatsoever.  The main call=20
path is exactly the same with either method.  You are of course welcome=20
to perform a benchmark to verify.  Unless pfsync or ALTQ is required,=20
using the module is the preferred method when tracking a newer security=20
branch as it will enable freebsd-update of the kernel+modules.