Date:      Thu, 25 Dec 1997 23:33:02 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
Cc:        gmarco@giovannelli.it, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Crashes and more...

> Gianmarco Giovannelli said:
> > I am not able to do a make world after one of the last cvsup.
> > It exits on signal 11 or signal 10 in different part of the process ...
> >
> > I have changed the ram twice but the problem is still here...
> > Netscape crashes randomly rebooting my box without informations.
> >

> > Tha last make world I succeded was made in the same time of this kernel
> > :
> >
> > FreeBSD gmarco.eclipse.org 3.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT #0: Sat Dec
> > 20 00:36:51 CET 1997
> > root@gmarco.eclipse.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/GMARCO  i386
> >
> > Boh ? I don't know what is happening , but it is not solved with the
> > latest cvsup...
> >
> What kind of processor are you running on?  If it is a 386, then
> I can imagine a problem (I haven't been able to test on 386 processors.)

I'm running a with a few days latency on my mail, so this may already
have been answered, but I've been trying (and failing) to build the
world around the 20th-22nd with the sort of random signals that look
like bad memory, on a machine that used to behave itself 100%.

--
\\ Sometimes you're ahead,                  \\ Mike Smith
\\ sometimes you're behind.                 \\ mike@smith.net.au