Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 1996 01:23:30 +0200
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        ernie@spooky.eis.net.au (Ernie Elu)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sup failing for sup.freebsd.org

According to Ernie Elu:
> The point it the sup.au.freebsd.org files were unreliable in that instance
> and I would be keen to know if there is any work around?  I lost a lot of

One way to possibly solve this is not to use  SUP but try RSYNC. Instead of
just looking at the file's date, it looks at the  file itself and only send
the diffs. It may be more  relieable than SUP.  I don't know about the load
on the server though.

I think it is worth the try...
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #17: Fri Aug  2 20:40:17 MET DST 1996