Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 1997 18:01:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      BSD Mailing Archive <bsdmail@infinetgroup.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Q] Win95 SLIP/PPP over null modem?

Hi,
  I apologise if this has been answered b4, but I haven't been in this
  list for quite a while, and I did search the archives.

  I'm trying to connect a Win95 laptop to my FreeBSD (2.1) machine and
  basically have the FreeBSD host act as a gateway to the rest of the
  network. I was wondering if I could simply use a null modem cable
  between the two COM ports and trick win95 DUN into using that? AFAIK,
  DUN will wait for a dial tone, which obviously isn't going to be there.
  Any ideas?

  Or should I try PLIP instead? But is there PLIP for win95? :)

  Please CC all replies to freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org as I don't
  subscribe to the freebsd-mobile list.

Thanks in advance.
Len.