Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 09:51:06 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@freebsddiary.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vinum volume dies.  fsck can help?

I have a box with three SCSI drives (da0 - da2).   da1 and da2 are a
single vinum volume

vinum: loaded
Can't open history file /var/tmp/vinum_history: No such file or directory
(2)
vinum: reading configuration from /dev/da2s1e
vium: updating configuration from /dev/da1s1e
vium: /dev is mounted read-only, not rebuilding /dev/vinum
Waring defective object

p nzmirror.p0        S State: corrupt    Subdisk:        2 Size:      2002MB
S nzmirrot.p0.s1       State: stale      Po:        256 kB Size:      1001MB
swapon: adding /dev/da0s1b as swap device
Automatic reboot in progress...

[stuff about /dev/rda0s1* snipped]

/dev/vinum/nzmirror: CANNOT READ: BLK 1247904
/dev/vinum/nzmirror: UNEPECTED INCONSISTENCY: run fsck
MANUALLY.
THE FOLLOWING FILE SYSTEM HAD AN UNEXPECTED
INCONSISTENCY:
    /dev/vinum/rnzmirror (/nsmirror)

It then drops to single user mode.

Should I be running fsck -y /nzmirror or fsck -y /dev/vinum/rnzmirror ?

Offhand, It sounds to me like the disk is dead.
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited [I'm looking for more work]
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.freebsddiary.org/