Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 1999 14:13:01 -0700
From:      Darren Pilgrim <dpilgrim@uswest.net>
To:        Shawn Ramsey <shawn@cpl.net>
Cc:        greg strockbine <gstrock@dpc.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP/IP stack - win98 vs FreeBSD

Shawn Ramsey wrote:
>> I don't know if its my imagination or what,
>> but it seems to me that pages appear a lot
>> faster in netscape running under FreeBSD than
>> under win98 (I made sure pages weren't cached).
<snip courtesy of Brevity, Inc.>

> I've noticed this as well. Not only do pages load faster, Netscape in
> general seems much snappier. This was Win95 though, can't say for 98. I
> think FreeBSD is just better/faster overall than any MS product. :)

Last I checked, the recommendation for compiling a stock Win32 Mozilla
was a fast PentiumII, 250MB of disk, and that much again (or more) of
physical memory.

--
dpilgrim@uswest.net           /\  / __         Our lies are merely the
gryph@mindless.com           /  \/OC/URNE       truth of another world