Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:43:35 -0600
From:      "SnowFox" <snowfox@snowfox.net>
To:        <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   natd - masquerade and multihoming

I have an ISDN connection with a static subnet. I'm adding cablemodem with a
single dynamic IP.

ISDN via ppp - 3 bit (/3) static subnet
cable via ed0 - dynamic address

Internally, some machines with IPs in the ISDN account static subnet, some
with unregistered (10.0.0.0/8) addresses.

public.foo.org via ed0 - real_network_address/3
fake.foo.org via ed0 - 10.0.0.0/8

I want all the foo.org machines to access the world via the cable modem, and
I want the world to see the static subnet via their ISDN addresses.

If I start with the rc.conf "open" firewall and natd set "yes", this seems
to be what I need to do:

    ipfw add divert natd all from any to cablemodem_address via ed0

*But* how would I prevent IDSN packets from ppp from being routed to the
cablemodem instead of the local machines then?

Brian