Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2002 08:00:47 +0000
From:      "Frank ." <dimspyder@hotmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Burning .wav's or .mp3's to a CD

I haven't seen any posts on this topic since I have been signed up, so I
figured why not, even though it is probably a simple problem for most.  I
have mp3s that I wish to burn to a cd.  I used xmms' output plugin to turn
them into .wav files.  I tried to use sox -x file.wav file.cdr to make them
into burnable files with the correct byteorder, with no luck.  sox gives an
error, which is:

      WAV file has unknown format type of 100

Someone told me that xmms output'd .wav files are supported by sox, I do not
know if that is so.  Is there some other way to burn mp3s to cd or is this
the only way?  What else can I try? Thanks,

-Frank

----
FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE
PIII/866Mhz, 256MB pc800, 30GB Seagate.