Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 18:10:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to add a new bootdevice to the new boot code ???

Ollivier Robert wrote...
> According to David E . O'Brien:
> > If not, can we PLEASE rename SCSI disks back to ``sd''?
>
> I'm tempted to agree. Many people I know who are upgrading to 3.* are
> somewhat pissed off by the renaming, even if it is in the release
> notes. They don't see any good reason for it...

Do we have to go over this again and again?

It'll be worse if we change back.  And it's not like anyone had to upgrade
their fstab -- all of the sd devices still work, since the major number is
the same.  So there's not a lot of room for complaint here.  (Yeah, I'm
sure someone will start squawking about it right about now.)

So, just let it rest.  There are lots of more pressing things to worry
about.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry