Date:       Mon, 16 Nov 98 19:01:04 +0300 (MSK)
From:      0824@08700000.mhs.rosmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Linux emulation problem : RH5.0 binaries on 2.2.7R.

 Hi All,

 I have Freebsd 2.2.7R and Redhat 5.0 Linux. I have installed
 linux emulation on FreeBSD box the way it was recommended in the
 handbook.  Then I wrote and compile a simple program (a sort of
 "hello world") on my Linux box and tried to run it under Freebsd.
 Well, the helloworld program complaied about missing libraries
 ld-linux.so.2, libc.so.6. So I retreived these files from Linux
 box an put them to /compat/linux/lib, reran /compat/linux/sbin/
 ldconfig and ran helloworld again. This what I got:

 #./helloworld
 .[skip].. exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
 Segmentation fault

 What's the problem? What should I do to run linux rh5.0 binaries
 on 2.2.7R?

 Sincerely,
 Vlad Safronov.