Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:28:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marc Nicholas <marc@hippocampus.net>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I'm back.

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> > I'm using M-Systems PC-IDE flash drives. They look EXACTLY like an IDE
> > drive to your system. All I did was newfs the drive and mount it.
>
> 8-O !!!
>
> That's very good news! I'll try to do it myself (tomorrow).

:-)

The biggest problem I had was that the IDE-FD18-20 is a 2.5" form factor,
just like the drive in a notebook. I was connecting it to a a regular IDE
bus and needed to get a 2.5" IDE to 3.5" connection kit. There is *no*
mention that you need this in the documentation...

I presume you have the DiskOnChip eval board? Bear in mind that the eval
board is really intended for development of systems that use the
DiskOnChip -- this requires a 30-pin DiskOnChip socket on the motherboard
and BIOS support. Boards that support DiskOnChip generally make it appear
like an IDE drive from within the BIOS...

Generic systems requiring flash should really opt for something like
M-Systems flash ATA cards or the IDE-FD13 or IDE-FD18 series...

-marc