Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 20:18:19 -0500
From:      "Michael C. Wu" <keichii@peorth.iteration.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Manual Set

On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 11:20:45AM +0530, Rahul Siddharthan scribbled:
| > > freebsd-ashamed-linux-admins@freebsd.org you mean?

| > This is the Postfix program at host hub.freebsd.org.
| > I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
| > below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.
| > For further assistance, please contact <postmaster@FreeBSD.ORG>
| > If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
| > delete your own text from the message returned below.
| >                         The Postfix program

| > <freebsd-ashamed-linux-admins@freebsd.org>: unknown user:
| >     "freebsd-ashamed-linux-admins"
| > I guess I should note I have never seen a Postfix error message.  I hate
| > it.  It is way too friendly and helpful.

| Ugh.  I thought qmail was bad, but it's nothing like this.
| (In that respect, I mean.  No reflection on its performance as
| a MTA.)
---end quoted text---

I do not understand why we cannot have a friendly yet professional
sounding "auto-reply" message.  For the average user, it is much
easier for them to understand the above mail than reading the
Sendmail bounce message.  Professional sounding is all good, but
not at the price of clearity and easy-of-use.  In this case,
can you write a message that is  more concise, clear, and yet
still friendly to the average OE/Eudora/Outlook/Messenger-email-user?

If that was a joke, hit the "d" key on your keyboard now. :)