Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2013 07:50:09 -0700
From:      matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>
To:        Matthew Gibson <mdg583@gmail.com>, freebsd-acpi <freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad x230 acpi_ibm

On 04/25/13 10:46, Matthew Gibson wrote:
> I updated to 9-stable and now the acpi_ibm sysctl tree is created.
> Only a few of them seem to work.

There are some that could work but have different handles in the Lenovo
ACPI vs IBM.
For instance, there are per-interface RFKILLs in the X220 ACPI that
aren't really exposed in our acpi ibm, among others (kills for GPS,
WWAN, and I think WiMAX). I was hacking on this and the brightness, had
to put it down for a moment. I might get a chance to look at some of
this stuff later today.

The brightness control will not work, as far as I know on Linux their
thinkpad acpi driver skips its own brightness controls on these models
in favor of ACPI control. So far I was able to make a patch for
acpi_video that does work (the wrong way, by using \_SB.PCI0.VID for
attach, but making the brightness calls to \_SB.PCI0.PEG.VID) and was
testing a patch from John Baldwin to see if I could get acpi_video to
attach directly to the PEG device.

Matt