Date:      Sun, 17 Nov 2019 20:04:22 +0200
From:      Stefan Parvu <sparvu@kronometrix.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/NetBSD bluetooth stack

>=20
> The NetBSD bluetooth stack is a slightly older version of FreeBSD's =
stack ported without netgraph. Max fixed a couple of bugs for me in his =
stack recently. What we need for the RPI is to support its side card.

thanks for all pointers. So FreeBSD BLE stack could be improved.=20

Currently as 12.1 ARM image for RBPI3+ I have tried many things with no =
success

1. No support for internal bluetooth device

2. Tried several BLE USB dongles, but without success to pair or see =
some data from=20
BLE air quality sensors. Im expecting 2 new USB dongle models to arrive =
soon.=20
Everything documented here: =
https://github.com/takawata/FreeBSD-BLE/issues/1=20

I hope FreeBSD leadership can see the benefit to bring improvements =
around BLE 4.x and 5.0
if we want to be able to compete and offer products and services for IoT =
around FreeBSD.

Thanks for listening.

Stefan=