Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 08:56:10 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Alpha libs in compat3x

> > >         uudecode -p ${.CURDIR}/${lib}.${MACHINE_ARCH}.gz.uu | gunzip >
> > I'd rather see src/lib/compat/{i386,alpha}/compat3x/
>
> In that case, use ``src/lib/compat.{i386,alpha}/compat3x'', because
> bsd.subdir.mk already knows about such a scheme.

Difficult as it would mean a repository copy of tagged files would be
needed.  Thus we would double the size of src/lib/compat/ as the compat1*
and compat2* stuff isn't easily moveable.

compat3x has no tags, so we can repository copy it elsewhere and totally
remove the current stuff away (ie, `rm', not putting it in the Attic).

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)