Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 20:24:59 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Will it run on ...

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Viren R. Shah wrote:

> The machine is currently running Linux/alpha. since no one is using it
> currently I could borrow it, if the FreeBSD/alpha port runs on it.
> Here's the dmesg from linux:
>
> [...]
>
> Is this enough information to tell whether FreeBSD/Alpha would run on
> this?

That's not quite enough.  I need to know what kind of alpha it is
(AlphaStation 200, 400, 500 etc, Multia, PC164 etc).  There is a good
chance that we support it since we run on most non-AlphaServer machines.
The main problem for your machine is that TGA isn't supported yet so you
would probably be limited to a serial console.  You will probably also
need to switch from the AlphaBIOS firmware which Linux normally uses to
the SRM firmware which is all we currently support.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
					Fax:   +44 181 381 1039