Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 21:58:06 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        Henri-Pierre CHARLES <Henri-Pierre.Charles@prism.uvsq.fr>, FreeBSD-ia64@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Build cross gcc i386 -> ia64

Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 06:02:58PM +0200, Henri-Pierre CHARLES wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'm trying to build a cross environment on an i386 platform, for an ia64
> > target. I plan to use ski.
> >
> > I try to start with a gcc 3.2.
> >
> > binutils 2.12 build and install correctly
> > gcc build correctly, but I can't build libgcc.
>
> I believe this is a header conflict. IINM, you only have to remove the
> headers that get installed under /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/$TARGET/$VER/include

Is it about being unable to include <machine/ansi.h>?  I usually solve that
one by doing a 'cd src/include; make MACHINE_ARCH=ia64 \
DESTDIR=/usr/local/ia64-unknown-freebsd all install'  after doing some
preliminary mkdirs to create /usr/local/ia64-unknown-freebsd/usr/include/*
directories.  Then make a symlink from as
/usr/local/ia64-unknown-freebsd/include to point to there.

Doing the symlink rather than copying random bits makes it easier when
it comes time to update the includes.  You'll need these nearby for
cross building the libraries as well.

Cheers,
-Peter