Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2017 17:42:07 +0000
From:      Oliver Schonrock <oliver@schonrocks.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   details of beefy12 poudriere jail pkg build environments

--NqmsjhRU2psFruUCvEXxBtxLkjuVvfBeT
From: Oliver Schonrock <oliver@schonrocks.com>
To: freebsd-ports@freebsd.org

--RQ9ETX1JeQ11oFIimj5i29OD5neJF6VmI

I have not dived down this deep into the ports =3D> pkg build system
before, so excuse me if I get this wrong.

TLDR;
-----

I suspect that the package I get from beefy12 in this build:

https://pkg-status.freebsd.org/builds/default:default:head-amd64:p455158_=
s326378:beefy12

was built in a jail with clang < 4.0.0 (ie FreeBSD 11, not 11.1 or
stable). My local machine is FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE with clang =3D 4.0.0.
If I build my port locally from ports, it works, if I install the binary
from beefy it breaks.

Can anyone confirm what the jail environment is for that build? (I
haven't found how to look that up).

Longer version:
----------------

I am building www/npm-node8. When I use the resulting node8 binary to do
an "npm install node-sass" I get this error:

error: "_LIBCPP_TRIVIAL_PAIR_COPY_CTOR" is no longer supported. use
_LIBCPP_DEPRECATED_ABI_DISABLE_PAIR_TRIVIAL_COPY_CTOR
      instead

Node8 builds "gyp" which is used to build the "node-sass" addon. Gyp
source has this:

common.gypi:L~424:
        'conditions': [
          ['llvm_version < "4.0"', {
            # Use this flag because on FreeBSD std::pairs copy
constructor is non-trivial.
            # Doesn't apply to llvm 4.0 (FreeBSD 11.1) or later.
            # Refs:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-toolchain/2016-March/002094.h=
tml
            # Refs:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/www/node/Makefile?revision=3D444555=
&view=3Dmarkup
            'cflags': [ '-D_LIBCPP_TRIVIAL_PAIR_COPY_CTOR=3D1' ],
          }],

if built with clang<4.0.0 it will use that define which breaks the
subsequent build of node-sass.

If I use the pkg from beefy, the node-sass build breaks. If I build
node8 from ports on my local machine (which has clang=3D4.0.0) then that
skips the define and the node-sass build works.

So:

Can anyone confirm what version of clang/llvm we have on the beefy12
jail for the above build?

If my suspicion is right, and the beefy12 jail has clang < 4.0.0, then
(other than building locally or running my own poudriere server) what
options do I have?

First time I have had any trouble with the binary packages.

Thanks

--=20
Oliver Sch=C3=B6nrock
email    : oliver@schonrocks.com