Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:31:12 -0600
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        qpadla@gmail.com, roam@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: net-im/openfire port related question.

On 2/13/08, Nikolay Pavlov <qpadla@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all. I am a maintainer of the net-im/openfire port. I have a report
>  from Dmitri Frolov <admin@artpaint.spb.ru> that openfire uses the same uid
>  as security/stunnel port. Could someone please suggest me as how i can
>  resolve this situation?

If you look at security/cyrus-sasl2/pkg-install, it checks to see if
the username exists, if it doesn't exist, then it checks if the uid is
available, if it is not available, it increments the uid until it
finds an available uid.

Both ports should be using a similar routine to check if the uid/gid
they are requesting is available.

Scot