Date:      24 Feb 2002 13:34:44 +1200
From:      Stuart Tanner <stuart@sigterm.com>
To:        Jeff Jeter <gsfgf@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Linux shell scripts

On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 13:17, Jeff Jeter wrote:
> I have several apps that use shell schripts.  THese apps are designed for linux.  when i run these scripts with sh i get odd errors such as Syntax error: unexpected ")"  and
> function: not found
> Syntax error: unexpected "}".
>
> I ran the one of them w/ the unexpected "}" w/ csh, and tcsh got this error.
> CONFARGS=--enable-opengl: Connand not found
> prefix=/usr/local: command not found
> prefix: undefined variable
>
> How do i geth these working.  I can post the (t)csh output from the other script if needed.

I just re-read your e-mail and it clicked that you were trying different
shells with the same script.

The first line of the script will be the shell that the script should be
run with.  It will be something like #!/bin/sh or #!/bin/csh
#!/usr/local/bin/bash or whatever shell it was designed for.  This is
the shell you need to run the script.

--
Stuart Tanner <stuart@sigterm.com>

Dave Mack:	"Your stupidity, Allen, is simply not up to par."
Allen Gwinn:	"Yours is."