Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:45:40 -0200
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br>
To:        "Coercitas Temet'Nosce" <coercitas@hotmails.com>
Cc:        "'Don'" <don@calis.blacksun.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RE : IPFilter

Coercitas Temet'Nosce wrote:
> Pardon my poor knowledge about IPFW 2 but if I remember well, IPFW
> wasn't a SPI Firewall, which is what I need. Btw, previous Kernel allow=
> us to fine tune its building for IPF and now, it simply gone...was
> really wondering where those features are.

What, exactly, is a 'SPI' firewall? If you mean stateful firewall, you=20
haven't looking into ipfw for at least five years (making your remark=20
obsolete, not ipfw :).

The only thing I couldn't do with the old ipfw was atomic replacement of =

rules. With ipfw2 I can do that. ipfw2 is default on 5.0 and can be=20
turned on on 4.7 (options IPFW2 on kernel and WITH_IPFW2, iirc, on=20
make.conf). The '2' is the version, the binary, man pages etc still have =

all the same names.

>=20
> Is there any web place where I can find stuff about IPFW2 by chance ?
>=20
> regards
>=20

--=20
Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Gerencia de Operacoes
Divisao de Comunicacao de Dados
Coordenacao de Seguranca
TCO
Fones: 55-61-313-7654/Cel: 55-61-9618-0904
E-mail: Daniel.Capo@tco.net.br
         Daniel.Sobral@tcoip.com.br
         dcs@tcoip.com.br

Outros:
	dcs@newsguy.com
	dcs@freebsd.org
	capo@notorious.bsdconspiracy.net

The past always looks better than it was.
It's only pleasant because it isn't here.
		-- Finley Peter Dunne (Mr. Dooley)