Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:50:10 -0800
From:      "Duke Normandin" <01031149@3web.net>
To:        "MikeM" <mike_bsdlists@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: vidcontrol & virtual consoles

Hi Mike...

| That depends on what he wants to do.
|
| The allscreens_flags will work on *all* your ttyv's
| only for some settings, such as video mode. Some
| other
| flags (like fg & bg color) only work on ttyv0. If
| you
| want to enable them on your other ttyv's you have to
| switch to each one manually and change it using
| vidcontrol.

Changing the fg & bg colors was exactly what I had in mind at the
moment, cuz I don't have X. Before installing FBSD, I had tinkered
with "setterm" using an old version of Slackware. There you could you
could set *all* the ttyv's in /etc/rc.d/rc.local. I thought that
there might be something analogous in FBSD. I have to agree with you
that it's a bit of a pain having to manually punch in the fg, bg for
each ttyv.

Thanks for the input!

later..........duke