Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 18:05:54 -0600
From:      Milic Bogdanovic <milic@mixcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How do I do this?

I am new at this but I have a FreeBSD machine up and running 2.2.2R and
I have two FQD Names:
abc.com
def.com

Discription of network:
Livingston(Lucent Technologies) PortMaster conected to Internet using
dial up ISDN. I have the following set up in the host table:
abc.com 199.xxx.xxx.2
rauter.abc.com 199.xxx.xxx.1
jack.abc.com 199.xxx.xxx.3
jill.abc.com 199.xxx.xxx.4
www.def.com 199.xxx.xxx.5

The FreeBSD machine is the mail and Apache 1.2.0 httpd server, abc.com
and has the IP:
199.xxx.xxx.2
the web page of the abc.com is up and running now I would like to also
set up a web page for www.def.com 199.xxx.xxx.5.

Here are the contents of my /etc/sysconfig file(onley the part that I
think I need to change):

#
# Set to the list of network devices on this host.  You must have an
# ifconfig_${network_interface} line for each interface listed here.
# Extra addresses may be specified with sequentual _alias<N> lines. IPX
# addresses may be specified with an ifconfig_${network_interface}_ipx
# line.
#
# for example:
#
#	network_interfaces="ed0 sl0 lo0"
#
#	ifconfig_ed0="inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 0xffffff00"
#	ifconfig_sl0="inet 10.0.1.0 netmask 0xffffff00"
#	ifconfig_lo0="inet 127.0.0.1"
#	ifconfig_ed0_alias0="inet 10.0.2.1 netmask 0xffffff00"
#	ifconfig_ed0_alias1="inet 10.0.2.2 netmask 0xffffffff"
#	ifconfig_ed0_ipx="ipx 0x1234"
#
# Alternatively, /etc/start_if.${network_interface} is run if it exists.
# This script can be used as an alternative to the ifconfig_<xxx> lines.
#
network_interfaces="lo0"

ifconfig_lo0="inet 127.0.0.1"

My nic device is de0 so where a what files do I make changes to to get
my virtuly host www.def.com?

I know how to make the required changes for the apache.

Please help me I did check your hole site about this question and I got
totaly confused! This would be a good example to have for all that want
host web pages for two different IP's on the same host.

Thank you very much.
Milic