Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2001 10:29:21 -0500
From:      John.Hubbard@Gunter.AF.mil
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq ProLiant help

Hi,

  I've got a Compaq ProLiant 6500 (Dual Xeon, SmartArray 3200 controller)
that's been running 4.0-STABLE for some time with no problems.  I did notice
that when it booted it was say this right after "waiting for SCSI devices to
settle":

no devsw(majdev=0 bootdev=oxa200000)

but would fsck and boot just fine.  Today, I tried to upgrade to 4.3 because
I need it to have the latest security fixes, etc.  CVSup worked fine, build
world worked fine, but when I try to boot, I get the same "no devsw"
message, but it hangs there.  If I hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete, it does a normal
reboot, tells you how long it's been up, etc.
  I've got it running with the old kernel again, but I already did a 'make
world' so it's out of synch with the kernel.  Other than top and ps not
working, I don't know if there are any implications from this, but I would
like to get it working ASAP, it's a live server.  Thanks in advance to
anyone that can help me out or has seen this before.