Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:04:00 -0700
From:      paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
To:        Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: restoring disklabel from an active disk?

Jerry McAllister wrote:
> Another Hmmm.
> Disklabel has a '-r' flag that says read the label on disk.
> Does that get you anything?
> If so, probably all you need to do is reboot.
> Also, try fdisk -s (if you have FreeBSd >= 4.xx).

/dev/ad0: 1559 cyl 240 hd 63 sec
Part        Start        Size Type Flags
    1:          63     7847217 0xa5 0x00
    2:     7847280    15709680 0xa5 0x80

If I knew how to verify where the boundary between the partitions
is, I'd feel a lot more comfortable. This does feel an awful lot
like rebuilding an airplane engine in flight, but I have the
luxury of not needing to land anytime soon.

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype

If only God would give me some clear sign!  Like making a large
deposit
in my name at a Swiss bank.
		-- Woody Allen, "Without Feathers"