Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 2000 21:09:55 -0800
From:      "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Telnet idiosyncracies

I have an HP Procurve switch that I periodically use telnet to
access.  It is "menu driven" insofar as it uses the cursor keys
to activate menus, and it makes much use of reverse-video to
highlight choices in the menus as you cursor up/down.

When I telnet to this box from the FreeBSD console, it's not
interpreting this correctly and I can't see any obvious telnet
options that would fix it.  What I see are the string "25l" appearing
at the end of lines when I use the cursor key, and sometimes
all over the screen.

How can I make this look correct?  It works fine using various
Windoze telnet utilities or from linux. (Using either the console or
KDE terminal under X.)

TIA,

Phil

--
Philip J. Koenig                                       pjklist@ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium