Date:      Wed, 08 Nov 2000 14:22:54 -0800
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@sftw.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RPC not taking the same service twice: a bug or a security measure?

A coworker seems to have found an issue with portmap on FreeBSD.
Aparently, if you try and register the same service twice, but with
different protocols (UDP vs TCP), it doesn't work. I'm not entirely sure
I believe this, and I am digging for more details, but I am writing to
see if anyone can tell me anything that will save me having to do the
investigative work. :-) I'll follow up with more details as I can.