Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2013 09:46:00 +0100
From:      "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD quest" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Editors are broken after update

Wow, if on Linux something is fishy, it usually has to do with Lennart
Poettering, does he break FreeBSD too?

$ su -
Password:
root@freebsd:/root # mcedit

Error
"/root" is not a regular file [ Dismiss ]

root@freebsd:/root # gedit

(gedit:17410): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

root@freebsd:/root # vi

vi does run

root@freebsd:/root # logout
$ mcedit
Failed to run:
Your old settings were migrated from /home/rocketmouse/.mc
to Freedesktop recommended dirs.
To get more info, please visit
http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html [1]
$ gedit

As user gedit does start, so perhaps I need gksu to run it as root.

Fortunately pico does run for the user and for root.

[1] That's a nightmare :(, I don't want to read something that has to do
with Lennart Poettering.
What the hell is broken now, regarding to the insane ideas of this man?

OT:
http://linux-bsd-sharing.blogspot.de/2008/08/howto-musicpd-music-player-daemon-on.html
is not a valid howto for my upgraded FreeBSD ports :(.

Regards,
Ralf