Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:34:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Milic Bogdanovic <milic@mixcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I do this?

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Milic Bogdanovic wrote:

> the web page of the abc.com is up and running now I would like to also
> set up a web page for www.def.com 199.xxx.xxx.5.

Okay, so you want to virtual host for def.com.  no problem.

> Here are the contents of my /etc/sysconfig file(onley the part that I
> think I need to change):

that and apache.  All you need to do is add an alias for that ip address
on your ethernet interface, then teach apache to display a different
serverroot for that ip.

> #	ifconfig_ed0="inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 0xffffff00"
> #	ifconfig_sl0="inet 10.0.1.0 netmask 0xffffff00"
> #	ifconfig_lo0="inet 127.0.0.1"

here's the syntax:

> #	ifconfig_ed0_alias0="inet 10.0.2.1 netmask 0xffffff00"

So add something like:

ifconfig_de0_alias0="inet 199.x.x.5 netmask 0xffffffff"

> I know how to make the required changes for the apache.

Make the above change, reboot, and all should be happy.