Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:09:20 +0530
From:      Subhro <subhro.kar@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        John <summer@computerdatasafe.com.au>
Subject:   Re: Which disk is which

What do u mean by difference?

The device ad represents a IDE/ATA disk and the da device represents a
SCSI disk. As you have got one IDE hard disk and one SCSI hard disk in
your box, its showing up as ad0 and da0. But as you say that there is
no SCSI in that box, then something seems to be wrong. Check your BIOS
and disable any onboard SCSI controllers if present

Regards
S.