Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 2003 15:08:16 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org, net@FreeBSD.org, hsu@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Deadlocks running rsync on SMP machine

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

I've been getting repeatable deadlocks when rsyncing a large set of
files over a LAN on an SMP machine running -current (bento).  The
console does not respond to the debugger break, and I turned on
WITNESS to see if that would catch it, but it did not.  This has been
going on for some weeks now; I guess I'll have to do a binary search
to figure out the cutoff date.  Prior to updating it I was getting a
lot of double faults (already reported in another email a few days
ago).

This is very annoying and I wish someone would fix it :)  I have to run
5.0 on bento because 4.x has fatal NFS bugs with sparc clients.

Kris

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH--