Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 22:31:17 -0400
From:      "Michael G. Jung" <mikej@confluenttech.com>
To:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>, <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: panic: lock (sleep mutex) vnode interlock on Alpga

John/all:

For what it's worth... I started experiencing
this panic problem as described ......

After a make depend and then building/installing
the kernel the problem is gone.

This was from a cvsup ~9:30 EST 9/25/01

--mikej
Michael Jung
mikej@mikej.com

On 25-Sep-01 Wilko Bulte wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is new, but anyway on -current as of yesterday
> evening:

Ok, can you try building a new kernel from scratch and see if you still
have
the same problem?  If so, can you back out my latest set of changes to
kern_mutex.c and sys/mutex.h and see if that fixes things?

It looks like witness is somehow getting out of sync.  One cause could
be stale
.o files that aren't being recompiled.  Perhaps you haven't run make
depend in
a while?

--=20

John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> -- <http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/>;