Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 1995 19:42:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        Frank Seltzer <frankd@gnv.fdt.net>
Cc:        Frank Seltzer <frankd@gnv.fdt.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE:

On Sun, 10 Dec 1995, Frank Seltzer wrote:

> On 10-Dec-95 Frank Seltzer wrote:
> >>Has anyone successfully compiled Midnight Commander v3.0? Every time I try to
> ma
> >ke it,
> > I get errors saying 'No target' or something similar in 3 different line numbe
> >s.
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >Frank
>
> More info:
>
> The error is 'Need an operator' echoed 3 times for lines 164, 185 and 210. Can a
> nyone
> help?

Yes, you need to use GNU make (it's in the packages/ports collection,
called 'gmake') to compile this.  The standard BSD make doesn't
understand the Makefile's format.

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 / FAX 564-2315 / WWW http://www.geopages.com/WallStreet/2072
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or on Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **