Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 2013 19:35:17 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
Subject:   Re: how to save a web video?

Of_Interest: With 27 years  of service  to the  Unix  community.

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 07:40:55PM -0500, Chris Hill wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Dec 2013, Gary Kline wrote:

> >Of_Interest: With 27 years  of service  to the  Unix  community.
> >

> >	hi guys,
> >
> >	anybody how howto save a video stream from the web?
> >	they come/go too quickly for my taste!
>
> There is www/youtube_dl in ports. For other than youtube, it will
> vary, and sometimes not be possible to me with my limited knowledge.
> Sometimes I have been able to 'view page source' (control-U in
> Firefox) and find a direct URL to the media file in there.
>
> Hope this helps.

	No joy, but thanks for replying/.   I will make a "fetchaudio"
	program my last project for FBSD.  I'm wearing out, but the
	one thing I want to contribute before I hang up my  spurs--er,
	keyboard--is a non-GUI port that, after the user inputs, will
	go out and get webcasts in mp3, and store somewhere.  so the '
	user will have several audio file to listen to <<  whenever  >>.

	I was hoping to use  videos like NOVA too, but that may not work.

	gary

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
             Twenty-seven years of service to the Unix community.