Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 04:13:35 +0100
From:      Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
To:        "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        huntting@glarp.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.5->5.0 kldxref:No such file or directory

* Crist J. Clark (cjc@FreeBSD.ORG) wrote:
> > 	*** Error code 1 (ignored)
> >                        ^^^^^^^^^
>
> Note.
>
> > Since there is no kldxref in 4.5, this should probably included in
> > the bootstrap process somehow.
>
> A known issue. The install process deliberately ignores this as a
> non-fatal error.

Why not test for it like this (or similar):

[ -x /usr/sbin/kldxref ] && /usr/bin/kldxref (etcetera...)

If the new CURRENT testers upgrading from STABLE don't see it,
they aren't likely to worry/complain about it. I think the warning is
kinda nonsensical and redundant, IMHO.

Cheers,
Emiel
--
It's raisins that make Post Raisin Bran so raisiny ...