Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 2009 00:47:53 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andrei Kolu <antik@bsd.ee>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mergemaster annoyance or not?

Andrei Kolu wrote:
> Doug Barton wrote:
>>> -# $FreeBSD: src/etc/rc.d/network_ipv6,v 1.37.18.1 2008/11/25
>>> 02:59:29 kensmith Exp $
>>> +# $FreeBSD: src/etc/rc.d/network_ipv6,v 1.37 2004/10/07 13:55:26 mtm
>>> Exp $
>>
>> What you're seeing is an artifact of the way that CVS deals with
>> cutting a release. Even though the content of the files is the same,
>
> I am upgrading from 7.1-RELEASE (cd) to 7.1-STABLE, anyway it does not
> make any sense to "upgrade" to older version of config files.

Please read what I said above more carefully, especially the bit about
the content of the files being the same.

> I hope this issue will be resolved.

What you're seeing is a mildly annoying side effect of how CVS works.
There is nothing to resolve.

On the other hand, if we follow through with cutting releases on the
8.x branch with subversion we won't have this problem. So perhaps that
will help in your situation.

Doug