Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:22:30 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Henry Whincup <henry@techiebod.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI tape drive problems

I have tried other tapes -- but they all give the same problem.

When you say "it appears that the transfer has completed", do you mean the
block has been written or that the transfer was completed? if the latter I
have found that it seems to write the first 20 blocks of any transfer
(that is I can read these off the tape later) but after that just stops.

Is there anything else I can try?

cheers

Henry

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

    >Forwarded to scsi due to no answer on questions.
    >
    >As an extra data point I have now tried the same drive and controller in
    >another machine with no irq sharing.

    Have you tried a different tape?  From the dump, it appears that the
    transfer has completed, but that the tape drive has not changed
    phase to complete the command.  If there is a media error and our
    timeout is set shorter than the retry timeout on the drive, you'll
    get these kinds of errors.

    --
    Justin